A ‘love at first taste’ dish. I promise you!
You will need:
10 zucchinis (koussa), grated
2 large red onions, chopped
2 cups water
8 cups full cream yoghurt
4 tablespoons tahini
4 garlic cloves, mashed
4 pita breads
1/4 cup pine nuts
handful of chopped parsley
You will need to prepare the ingredients and the sauces before assembling the dish.
- Cut the bread into small pieces.
- Spread the bread pieces in a large shallow pan.
- Place the pan in a hot oven to lightly toast the bread. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a medium sized pot fry the chopped onions in olive oil until soft and light brown.
- Add the grated zucchinis and continue frying for a few minutes.
- Add in the 2 cups of water and some salt to taste.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes. Then turn off the heat and keep the vegetables warm in the pot.
In a big bowl mix the yoghurt, tahini and mashed garlic well. Add salt to taste.
- In a pan fry the pine nuts in 6 tablespoons olive oil until lightly brown.
- Remove from the heat and add the chopped parsley.
- Keep the garnish warm.
- Prepare a large deep dish.
- First spread a layer of the warm zucchini sauce
- Then top with toasted bread
- Followed with a layer of yoghurt sauce.
- Repeat the layering three times.
- Finally pour the warm garnish over the final layer of yoghurt sauce.
- Cover the dish and allow to sit in a slightly warm place for around half an hour before serving.
I really like zucchini and this looks like a great twist on it. Thanks for sharing!
It’s my favorite kind of fetta!
This looks scrumptious! I’m definately trying this for tonight’s futoor!
perfect for futour!
For someone who doesn’t eat eggplants, this sounds PERFECT