This has become quite the hit wherever my mother takes it. It’s a no-fuss cake that you enjoy with your morning or afternoon tea.
Many people have asked for its recipe so here it is! Of course this will make my dear mother quite happy as she is already excited that her famous shakshouka is on my blog!
Mom’s Carrot cake
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C
- Beat eggs until frothy and then mix in the sugar until thick (ribbon-stage). Add oil and mix.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture gradually.
- Mix in the orange zest, cinnamon, walnuts, shredded carrots and orange juice.
- Butter and flour a 10 or 12-inch cake pan and then pour the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
Again, I can vouch for the “yumminess” of that cake! My mom had a piece of it that other day and to my surprise asked for the recipe. Mind you she never bakes!
Well, now with all those recipes flying around. I would like to request your sister’s “made to perfection” apple pie recipe. A step by step picture guide would be an added bonus 😉
I”ll ask my sister to guest blog again for the apple pie this time!
Reem, the classic, no nonsense apple pie is on the agenda!
never figured there’d be OJ in carrot cake!
i’m so gonna try this recipe.
Neither have I. This cake is not as ‘carroty’ as a traditional carrot cake. Do try it and let me know how it turns out.
It looks so delicious! My mother loves baking cake, so she’s sure to love making this carrot cake! thanks for the recipe:)
You’re most welcome!